a labour of love and creative expression
A labour of love and creative expression, Samudra was conceived and built by multi-media artist Alan Kozlowski, an accomplished photographer, cinematographer, and musician, along with his wife Emma, an interior designer of numerous dwellings around the world. They actually camped out on the site for several months before designing the various buildings that make up the villa. Following their wilderness experience they set off on a journey of discovery across Asia, sourcing original materials and adornments in places as diverse as China, Burma, Bali and Southern Thailand. The result is a rich blend of influences that combines natural elegance with comfort and striking antiquity. Villa Samudra is located on the private gated Mudra Estate and a short driveway leads to a shaded parking area at the entrance to the villa.
The main entrance, with its heavy wooden Chinese antique doors, surrounded by lush tropical plants and crowned with a lamp disguised by stunning Spanish moss, gives the first hint that something very special and very unique lies ahead.
Stepping stones meander through the lush tropical grounds, past frangipani trees and their subtle perfume, to a building whose ancient windows and doors have been collected on the villa owner's travels around India, China and Bali.
The floors of the buildings have been strategically built around the granite boulder laden grounds, and even the roof shingles are recycled 100 year old teak from the north of Thailand.
Within this building is a bedroom that is a luxurious mixture of antique, oriental treasures and modern convenience. The vaulted ceiling, with its heavy Takian beams, gives a feeling of times gone by. The room is lit with unique lamps that have been crafted from Chinese lanterns that hang from the beams. The room is cooled by both ceiling fans and air-conditioning.
A second bedroom, that is ideal for children, is separated from the main bedroom by a large dressing room that has beautiful antique Chinese wardrobes, and a well appointed shower room.
Beyond this room a large stone urn sits next to ancient carved Chinese doors beyond which lies the incredible Octagon Temple, an open -sided living area that offers spectacular ocean views and the natural breeze off the sea. The design of the raised kitchen cleverly disguises the modern conveniences it contains, in the same way the lounge area disguises a high definition projector and large projection screen.
The center piece of the room, that is perched on top of a giant rock is a coffee table made from rare, green Kanchanaburi river stone, more of which can be found throughout this spectacular villa. On the balcony of the Octagon Temple is a hand-made dining table that comfortably seat up to eight guests, overlooking uninterrupted breathtaking views. To the left of the room ancient doors open onto some teak steps that lead up to an open air bathroom that has been built at the base of a huge granite rock face that presents an outdoor shower. Here you can enjoy a tropical bathing experience under the rain shower or in the terrazzo bath tub. This room features 'his' and 'hers' sinks and a WC that sits among two more large slabs of Kanchanaburi river stone.
Time spent at Samudra is completely unique. Its design and concept is completely different to anything else you will find in Samui, Thailand and quite possibly the world. At Samudra you are in your own, very private, very unique ancient, but modern world, where every door, painting, fixture and fitting has its own unique and secret story to tell. The grounds offer incredible adventures for youngsters who can make dens, play hide and seek and explore this exciting environment safely. For adults the villa offers space, serenity and relaxation only a stone's throw from Kamalaya, Thailand's famous and award winning Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa Resort.
|Available for longterm|
|Available for weddings|
|Suitable for children|
|Suitable for elderly|
|Suitable for wheelchairs|
Located at Laem Set beach, 40 minutes form the airport and 15 minutes from Lamai Beach. There are channels for swimming and letting sea kayaks out so there is all year round swimming.
|Season||Dates||Bedrooms||Daily Rental||Extra Bed||Minimum Stay|
|7 bedroom||THB 63,734||-||3|
|7 bedroom||THB 118,523||-||7|
|7 bedroom||THB 74,916||-||3|
|7 bedroom||THB 83,861||-||5|
|7 bedroom||THB 74,916||-||3|
|7 bedroom||THB 83,861||-||5|
* Daily Rates are inclusive of all taxes and service charge.
* Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (10 nights over Christmas and New Year, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, 5 nights for Easter)
* Rates shown are for a maximum of fourteen (14) Guests (including children) or ten (10) with reduced occupancy
* Baby cot provided free of charge
* Rates include daily Continental breakfast
* Airport transfers are free of charge as all the guests arrive and depart on the same flights even if two mini-buses are required. If guests arrive or depart at different times the additional charges will apply.
* Pay 3 night stay 4 night promotion is only available on full occupancy (7 bedroom)
* Extra bed will be charged at USD 50 per night (including breakfast)
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests (a maximum number of guests also applies)
* To guarantee this booking in the first instance, you will be required to pay a deposit equivalent to 50% of the total rental due.
* Full balance is due at least 30 days prior to arrival
Last minute reservation
* In case of reservation within 30 days of arrival, full payment may be requested prior to arrival.
Kindly inform upon confirmation of your reservation, which form of payment would be preferred.
* Payments may be made by Telegraphic Transfer to our company bank account or by credit card (visa or master card).
* If all the guests staying in the villa are under 21 years of age, or we believe to be a party of students, then a USD 2,000 refundable security bond is required which can either be paid by bank transfer (refunded less bank charges) or on arrival at the villa in cash.
Cancellation and Amendments
If it becomes necessary to cancel all or any part of the booking, Samui Lifestyles must be notified in writing (email acceptable). The cancellation will take effect from the day the written confirmation is received.
The following cancellation charges will be applicable depending on when the notification of the cancellation is received in writing and the period of stay in the Villa:
Standard and Peak Seasons:
30 days or more before arrival date:
All Payments are forfeited but credited for 9 month from the date of the cancellation confirmation by Samui Lifestyles reservation department. The credit value can be used by the client or anyone on their behalf for any reservation, during any period upon availability and solely for the villa initially reserved.
Within 30 days of arrival date:
All rental payments are forfeited. A full or partial refund is solely applicable in the event that Samui Lifestyles secures another reservation covering partially or fully the initial cancelled reservation.
Christmas and New Year Period:
For any cancellation after the deposit and/or balance payment, all payments are forfeited and a full or partial refund is solely applicable in the event that Samui Lifestyles secures another reservation covering partially or fully the initial and cancelled reservation.
The above cancellation charges also apply if Samui Lifestyles cancels the booking due to non-payment of the balance. If the dates of the booking require to be changed or amended, this may be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and cancellation charges may apply. Any change to the original reservation is subject to the approval of Samui Lifestyles.
Early departure penalty will be subject to negotiation with our local Representative's Manager.